2005.09.21 2005年 9月21日 星期三 台北

转帖: 新浪|微博新浪 百度|Hi空间百度 开心网开心 校内|人人网人人 豆瓣网豆瓣 搜狐|白社会搜狐 淘宝|淘江湖淘宝
1 F  发表于 2008-6-19 17:32 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 跳转到 »
2005年 9月21日 星期三 台北

德國納粹政權在1930年代的時候,利用媒體及宣傳伎倆來對人民「洗腦」,藉以遂行其政治與軍事議題。他們「成功」運用(更像是濫用)資訊及媒體,在世界及德國境內創造出歇斯底里、恐懼、憎恨的集體氛圍,最後導致一場種族大屠殺。

今日的媒體越來越像那個時代。

報紙文字雖然是可以被檢驗證實的,但是我們常常忽略它的力量。我們幾乎已經被制約,對報紙、電視或其他媒體披露的任何事情都信以為真。我們已經變成是被「宣傳及誹聞」養大的ㄧ代,因為這些腥羶色、刺激的內容讓大家在咖啡館裡可以有一個茶餘飯後的聊天話題。我們的心智喪失區分真假的能力。我們被制約成只會接受,而不會做任何的判斷與決定。

我今天寫這篇文章的原因,不只是想回應最近媒體對我的報導,也是再次表達我對現今媒體的憎惡與憤怒。在這裡,我並不想要解釋或辯駁任何的細節,因為我並不需要為我的無辜辯解。

當我們讀到照片下面的小標,我們就會立即認為它所表達的便是絕對的真相。我們以為只要有人寫,就代表那是真的,對吧?我們有沒有想過, 其實這些照片有可能是被動過手腳或是以偏頗的方式來呈現的呢?我們是否曾經懷疑質問過,恣意使用、誤用那些充滿主觀判斷、煽動力的文字其實是為了刺激我們的情緒?我們是否曾經質疑過,報導中的主角其實有不為人知的動機呢?也許整件事是被計畫、設計好的?我們是否真的了解,那些被我們在午餐時,拿來八卦、當作笑話談論的報導,其背後已經有人真的因此而受傷,甚至摧毀了他的整個生活?

我並不會否認媒體在你我生活裡的重要性。然而,我期待甚至要求一個自由、報導真相且客觀的媒體環境。也許這已是一個我們再也見不到的、消失的年代。在這個時候,也許你我都必須在面對新聞報導與媒體訊息,讓自己變成一個「編輯」。

我希望媒體不要為了某些目的或議題而曲解、誇大、扭曲、甚至以腥羶色的方式呈現新聞。純粹報導事實,不要對主體妄下判斷。不要有假設或暗示的字眼。這並不是你的職責所在。

不要相信你讀到的任何事情
不要相信你見到的任何事情
不要相信你聽到的任何事情
不要相信你被告知的任何事情
不要相信我

從你所了解的,為自己多一些思考與判斷吧

陶喆

9/21/05 Wednesday Taipei

In the 1930’s the Nazi Regime in Germany used propaganda and the media to influence and “brainwash” people to advance their political and military agendas. This “successful” use, or rather abuse, of information and the media created mass hysteria, fear, hatred and eventual genocide within the world and amongst it’s citizens.

The media today is becoming more and more like that of the media of that period.

The power of the written word on paper is something we frequently underestimate yet can certainly attest to. We have been conditioned into believing almost everything we read in the newspaper, watch on TV or hear from others. We have become a generation weaned on propaganda and gossip because it is sensational, exciting and provides the fodder for a juicy conversation over coffee at the local café franchise. We have lost the mental faculties to distinguish between what is true and not true. We are conditioned NOT to make decisions but to simply accept.

I am writing today not only in response to my recent coverage in the media but to again show my disgust and anger towards the media of today. I will NOT attempt to explain nor refute any details herein as I need NOT plead for my innocence.

When we see a photo with a caption underneath it we immediately assume what is being expressed is the absolute truth. We assume that as long as somebody wrote it then it must be true, right? Have we ever thought that the photos were modified or presented in a skewed manner? Do we ever doubt or question the free and misleading use of adjectives and powerful words are used to stir up our emotions? Do we ever question whether the subjects within a story have ulterior motives? Perhaps things were staged or set up? Do we ever realize that behind each story there are real people and lives being hurt and destroyed while we callously gossip and giggle over lunch?

I will not deny the importance of the media in your and my life. However, I expect and demand a free yet truthful and objective media environment. Perhaps that is a bygone era we will never see again. Thus, during this period perhaps you and I need to be our own “editors” when it comes new coverage and media information.

I hope the media will stop twisting, exaggerating, distorting or sensationalizing the facts to serve it’s purposes and agendas. Report the facts and DO NOT pass judgment on your subjects. Do NOT assume or imply. That is NOT your job.

Do NOT believe everything you read
Do NOT believe everything you see
Do NOT believe everything you hear
Do NOT believe everything you are told
Do NOT believe me.

Think and judge for yourself from what you know.

DT
on my way to see my friends who lived a couple blocks away from me as i walked through the subway

返回列表